Saturday, September 1, 2012

Recipe: Garlic Ginger "Cream" Sauce

Today went a little something like this....

"I got this!"

"....But.... I could really go for something sweet."

"I think I really neeeed something sweet!"

"NO. you don't!"

"Ugh, fine... I'll drink some delicious water...nom nom nom."

Yup, weird internal dialog lives here. :P



...lunch of green...


...soon to be roasted...

Those purty thangs went along with a lovely salmon with garlic ginger "cream" sauce I made for dinner.... very yum... so much so that I failed to talk a photo of it! *gasp*

Here's the recipe for the (photoless, yet delicious) sauce...

Garlic Ginger "Cream" Sauce
olive oil
1 clove garlic (sliced)
1 thumb-sized bit of ginger (sliced)
1/2 c coconut cream (from the top of canned coconut milk)
black pepper/pink sea salt

In a small pan, throw in a bit of EVOO and add in your garlic and ginger. Let those heat up a bit over medium heat. Then add in the coconut cream and continue cooking, so it can reduce a bit. Then turn off the heat and add in some cracked pepper and sea salt.

If you want to be all fancy, you could pick out the garlic and ginger (that's why I leave them BIG!), or you can just spoon it out carefully.

This sauce wasn't super strong, but was a perfect balance with the salmon.

xoox
the girl

No comments:

Post a Comment